Barcelona has said that they hope to sign up two more players before the transfer window closes. The announcement was made after they completed a £97 million deal for Ousmane Dembele.

Dembele, a France international, was unveiled in front of roughly 17,000 fans at the Nou Camp stadium earlier this week. Dembele moved from Borussia Dortmund and become the world’s second most expensive signing, behind the new Paris Saint-Germain recruit Neymar.

Dembele underwent a medical on Monday and was revealed to fans later that day appearing alongside the team’s president Josep Maria Bartomeu to sign a five-year contract.

Speaking at the unveiling he said, “I’m really pleased to form part of the Barca family. I have always wanted to play for Barca since I was a kid. I watched all their matches. I’m really happy to now be part of the best club in the world with the best players in the world.”

Barcelona have put a lot of energy into trying to sign Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho. However, they have been consistently rejected and Coutinho is reportedly feeling “very low at the moment” as his wish to play for Barcelona seems to be unfulfillable.

Coutinho had worried that the signing of Dembele meant that the club would no longer be interested in signing him. However, the club’s technical director, Robert Fernandez, has said that he is planning to sign a few more players before the transfer window closes.

Speaking this week he said, “We hope to present another player before the end of the month. My intention is for one player to come or maybe two, if possible. I won’t go into names but I admit that the club is working on the possibility of signing new players.”

Coutinho had made his desire to move to Barcelona clear at the beginning of the summer, however, Liverpool is insisting that he is not for sale and have rejected three huge offers, the latest being £113 million with the chance of it raising to £118 million.