Federico Pastorello, Patrice Evra’s agent, has said that the player’s career is far from over after he was banned, fined and sacked for kicking a fan before kick-off at Marseille’s Europa League match at Guimaraes earlier this month.

Evra, who is 36 years old, is now a free agent following his sacking by the club. He was also given a ban from European club competition until June 30, 2018 and a €10,000 fine.

However, since the ban only applies to UEFA club competition, Evra is still able to play in a domestic league and there have been reports linking him with a move back to Napoli who have recently lost their regular left-back Faouzi Ghoulam due to a knee ligament injury.

Pastorello says that a move back to Serie A for the former Juventus player is unlikely but says that there are a number of other clubs interested in signing him.

Speaking to La Gazzetta dello Sport Pastorello said, “He knows he’s made a mistake, but his career does not end here. He doesn’t want it to end like this. Physically, he’s in better shape now than he was five or six years ago and many clubs have already made enquiries. Patrice cannot see himself playing in Serie A again after his years at Juventus, though. We’re not excluding anything, not even the Azzurri [Napoli], but I think that would be complicated.”

Evra moved to Marseille in January after spending two and a half seasons with Juventus, before that he played for Manchester United. He played in just four of Marseille’s Ligue 1 games this season before he was suspended and then sacked.

Video footage showed the player aiming a kick at the Marseille fan as visiting players and supporters confronted each other at the side of the pitch before the game, he was then ushered away by a teammate.